Nominations Open for the Prime Minister's Awards for Literary Achievement 2022
The annual Prime Minister's Awards for Literary Achievement recognise New Zealand writers who have made a notable contribution to New Zealand literature in the genres of fiction, non-fiction and poetry.
Amount $60,000 Closing 1pm, 11 July 2022
Who can be nominated
- Be a living New Zealand writer
- be a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident
- be a writer whose work has received acclaim and been acknowledged by their peers and the general public
- not be a previous recipient of the award in any genre — see all previous recipients
Acclaim and acknowledgement of the writer will be shown by having:
- written a body of work that has received national acclaim
- received a major fellowship, residency, book award and/or international recognition
- shown leadership in the New Zealand literary sector.
Who can make a nomination?
- Anyone may make a nomination.
- Writers may also nominate themselves.
- Employees of Creative New Zealand, the Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet and members of the Arts Council may not make nominations or be nominated.